Wednesday, July 9

HASHGOCHOH PROTIS I

My friend was driving home from work and offered me a lift (hitch/tremp).  He dropped me at Manor House Tube Station, on the side going into town.  In order to take the 253 bus home I needed to cross the main road.  It was a rather bad weather so I didn’t want to wait at the pedestrian crossing for the light to turn green, so I descended the steps to use the underpass of the underground station. 
As I was passing the exit that leads to Woodberry Down I met a Yid with a suitcase looking up and down.  
I asked him where he’s going and he told me that he wants to go to Stamford Hill by foot.  
This was Friday afternoon…  I took him back to the other side of the station and showed him the 253 Bus stop.
Had I not been dropped on the wrong side, 
Had I decided to use the traffic lights,
Had I decided to ignore this lost Jew…

No comments: