Monday, July 21

Askanim, Miskenim or Mesukanim

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: menasche scharf <menasche.scharf@gmail.com>
Date: 16 July 2014 00:43
Subject: Askanim, Miskenim or Mesukanim
To: Letters to Editor <editor@mishpacha.com>

Dear Editor
Askanim, Miskenim or Mesukanim
I have been following the on-page debate about activism in the community. I had decided to offer my two-pence worth, however as the weeks flew by it looked to me as if I'd be wasting my time - given the long time since your excellent documentary first appeared.
The Inbox letter of this week's Mishpacha (#516) gave me the impetus to act: it's not too late...
The above introduction would describe the 'middle of the road Askan', who says to himself "my input is too little, it's too late anyway etc.".
To them I say: Please D.U.Y.: Don't Underestimate Yourself!
Together as a group it is possible to achieve - a joint effort is worth all the input. Especially with today's e-collaboration tools (i.e. CrowdSourcing, ProjectSharing) and a young generation of leaders - YOU included - it allows us to network and so build communal services as never before.
Senior askonim would not look down at us (another 'reason' to delay our involvement): we will make the older generation proud, with the knowledge that their lifelong dedication will continue to bear the fruit they so much gave for.
If you don't have a clue where to start,  do contact me via Mishpacha.
Sincerely,
A middle of the road Askan
Menasche Scharf,
South Tottenham, UK

No comments: