Thursday, February 22

Change as you wish – this story is fresh and true.

I heard this story from a friend yesterday (Thursday Parshas Korach)
We have a handmade built-in Seforim cupboard and one section has a fold down door to reveal the Whiskey cabinet.  Last week I was preparing the Shabbos table and as I went to retrieve some bottles from the cupboard, one of the door hinges decided to retire.  We were now left with a one-hinged door…
The most logical way to remedy the situation, would have been to find a replacement hinge.  Now this cupboard was built by my father in law some decades ago and now that he is no more with us, I had nobody to turn to.
My wife suggested that I call another carpenter and I made a mental note to follow her advice, especially as this would restore her father’s handiwork to its former glory.
However as things go (at least with me!), I tend to let things ‘sit in the Out Tray’ until the eleventh hour and so when Thursday came I was faced again with this lopsided door.  At that point I decided to call up the carpenter.  I explained what my predicament was and expected him to tell me that he will pencil me in for the next available appointment.  When he asked me what street number I live, I told it to him but wasn’t prepared for his reply.
His response was: “I’m right outside your door and I have exactly what you need”.

Needless to say we now have a fully restored cupboard, LeChayim to such a Hashgochoh Protis!

No comments: